CHICAGO, Oct. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — PRINT 18, Booth #3011 — Ricoh USA, Inc.today announced that it, along with its subsidiary Avanti Systems, has received 12 “RED HOT Technology” and two Vanguard Awards. Spanning the Digital Presses, Marketing & Multi-channel Solutions, Sales & Management Systems and Workflow Automation Solutions categories, Ricoh’s winners are RICOH Supervisor, RICOH Communications Manager, Clickable Paper™, RICOH Pro C9200 Series, RICOH Pro C7200X Series and RICOH Pro VC70000, along with six of Avanti’s Print MIS solutions. The Pro VC70000 and Avanti Slingshot integration with BCC Software were also honored with the prestigious Vanguard Awards. The RED HOT designation, awarded by the Association for Print Technologies (APTechSM), the organizers of PRINT 18, recognizes important product and solution innovations on display at PRINT 18 that are new or significantly updated since last year. The program serves as a roadmap to “what’s new” in the PRINT 18 exhibit marketplace. These Ricoh innovations will be among those on full display at PRINT 18, September 30 to October 2 in booth 3011.
“Every solution or product we launch is aimed to help our customers secure more customers and address business challenges. Each of these RED HOT Technology submissions is the direct outcome of those commitments, and we are proud to see their impact in our market is being recognized,” said John Fulena, Vice President, Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group, Ricoh USA, Inc. “We submitted six of our newest offerings. And we are bringing home six wins. It was a clean sweep. That doesn’t just feel good; it validates that we’re delivering what our customers need.”
As RED HOT Technologies, these products will have distinctive “RED HOT” signs posted in Ricoh’s booth 3011 for easy identification during the event, and the designation will be included in the onsite event guide directory and pre-event publicity.
From efficiency-minded software and services to disruptively flexible hardware to augmented reality, Ricoh’s six RED HOT Technologies each change the game in different ways:
- RICOH Supervisor, a cloud-hosted, vendor-agnostic solution, empowers printers to accurately and quickly gather high-value data from across their operation to increase profitability and productivity. Scalable and secured, this offering collects, sorts and analyzes data from Internet of Things (IoT) endpoints and presents it in visual, intuitive, informative dashboards.
- RICOH Communications Manager, another scalable, secured, cloud-hosted platform, equips printers with a centralized, standardized access point into multiple enterprise customers’ communications and surrounding information. This software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform empowers users to easily control, manage and report on digital delivery and print production channels from one central hub.
- Clickable Paper is an augmented reality, interactive solution that bridges the traditional offline-online gap. Each invisible hotspot – there’s no need for QR Codes or barcodes interrupting designs – on printed material links to one or multiple sources, instantly taking readers from two-dimensional printed content to online, multi-channel content. The iOS and Android mobile apps are free to download and easy to use. Communicators can leverage near-real-time analytics and Clickable Paper’s on-the-fly adaptability to make updates as often as every hour, without having to reprint materials.
- The RICOH Pro C9200 Series, sheet-fed presses that print up to 135 ppm, offers printers a competitive edge, printing on stocks up to 49 inches long (40 inches auto-duplex) and 470 gsm. The press also sets a new standard for best-in-class price performance in its category.
- The RICOH Pro C7200X Series five-color digital presses bring best-in-class price performance and predictability to the most demanding production print environments. Printing on paper lengths up to 49.6 inches and weights up to 360 gsm, the C7200X Series prints faster and more accurately than its predecessor while offering even greater media flexibility.
- The RICOH Pro VC70000 accelerates the transfer of offset print volumes to digital by delivering the production of quality applications traditionally expected from offset, such as high-end catalogs and magazines, with inkjet’s signature affordability and speed. Recognized among RED HOT honorees as a Breakthrough technology Vanguard Award winner, the platform prints at speeds up to 492 ft/min, producing nearly 130,000 A4/letter impressions per hour on uncoated, offset-coated, inkjet treated or inkjet-coated papers. The VC70000 brings with it a new set of Ricoh-developed inks and Ricoh-patented dryer technology to further ease the offset transition.
“For APTech, innovation is at the core of our signature event, PRINT,” said Thayer Long, President, APTech. “We are proud to present this honor to Ricoh’s Commercial & Industrial Printing Business Group and look forward to continuing to drive the industry forward together.”
For more information on Ricoh at PRINT 18, visit www.TakeALookAtRicoh.com or follow along and engage on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter using #LookAtRicoh.